Tuesday 9 October 2007

A rainy morning in the City of London

This is what greeted me, when I stepped off the train this morning to walk to the office.

I did watch the weather report on the news last night, but I was rather hoping the massive bands of rain would somehow miraculously avoid London - how wrong was I?

As for the sorry excuse of a brolly that I carry... Well, suffice to say, it's time I upgraded it and went for the kind that is not just designed to look pretty in your handbag, to one that actually shelters you from the rain!

Tomorrow the sun will shine again, my shoes will be dry, and knowing me, I'll happily forget everything about my useless, but very small and pretty brolly - until the next time!



4 comments:

Chen said...

Love seeing those double decker red bus. I have been to London once, but just for a short trip (in 2003).

Mommy Lutchi said...

thanks for the visit and comment...hope I can visit london one day...can u adopt me for a week ?

A. said...

I think you're doing well to have any sort of brolly with you. Mine always seem to be "somewhere else"!

tiny london said...

Thank you all. I love the red buses too, even after a life time in this wonderful city. I'm open to adoption gwapasila - come on over...